Search This Blog

Sunday 12 February 2017

What the different types of running equipment are and where they are made

It seems to me that there are even more types of running gear and equipment available each time I pay a visit to my local sports shop. Running brands are just constantly looking for ways to improve a person's athletic performance by trying and testing out new types of fabric and material and high tech equipment that will help give them the boost that they need. Every time I go to sports shops I immediately feel the sense of excitement build up inside me as if I'm about to start running a race! They literally have everything running wise nowadays and sometimes I feel like I could easily buy the whole shop! These are a few of my favourite running equipment and gear that I find really beneficial to my running.
http://homegymheaven.com/best-treadmills-for-running/
Treadmills:
I personally find that a treadmill is a fantastic piece of running equipment. It is ideal for when it's lashing rain or stormy outside. I also use it for when I want to run at a certain pace or incline as I'm able to easily adjust it by pressing the buttons on the screen. It also helps me work on my running form as I can focus on my running technique in the mirror and make sure that I'm running upright and correctly. I also find that it helps improve my leg speed and mental toughness especially when you just have yourself in the mirror to stare at! I do a treadmill running session once every week. Although treadmills were originally invented in 1818 to be used as a form of punishment in prisons, the first consumer treadmill was invented by a man named William Staub from Philadelphia in the late 1960s.
https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/p/164366
Garmin Watches:
Another one of my must have running equipment. There are so many different types of Garmin watches but the one that I have is called the Garmin Forerunner 25. I find it so useful as it allows me to keep record of my total distance, my pace per kilometre, my total calories burned, and my time. It also beeps to inform me whether I'm ahead of my target pace, behind it, or on target. The Garmin company is based in Switzerland and was originally founded by Min Kao and Gary Burrell in  the year 1989. It is now an American multinational technology company.
https://www.sportsshoes.com/products/running/spikes/
Spikes:
I love running on a track in spikes! They are so nice and light that you feel like you're just bouncing along the track effortlessly! They are also so handy during cross country races as they help prevent you from slipping in the mud and give you a better grip when running on tough and hilly terrain. I have a pair of New Balance Cross Country Spikes and also a pair of Saucony Middle Distance Track spikes for the 800m and 1500m. They are much better for running races than normal running shoes as they allow to run faster and lighter and up on your toes. Joseph William Foster invented the first original pair of running spikes in the year 1890. He was from the United Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment